3.2 release notes¶
What’s new in 3.2¶
- Solving ticket #5
- Improving rss (adding images and fixing itunes encoding)
- Added rss autodiscovery
- Documenting django.contrib.sites
- Improving ORM queries
- Adding cache to singleton models using memcached
- Improve performance in staging config using nginx cache, uwsgi and caching templates
- Updating Spanish and Galician translations
- Fixing progress bar in the main page
How this affects you¶
If you’re starting with a new installation, you don’t need to worry about this. Don’t even bother reading this section; it’s for upgraders.
You need to replace your current source with the content of https://github.com/iago1460/django-radio. To setup your settings please read the configuration section.
You should be able to keep your current database but make sure to create a backup before start.
You must ensure your episodes and programmes only have one role per user. A database constraint has been put in place as part of this migration.
This migration depends on
settings.LANGUAGE_CODE, it will convert
the role field into a editable CharField
using your preferred language. Note you can change this value temporally to run this migration.
pip install -r radioco/configs/base/requirements.txt python manage.py collectstatic python manage.py migrate
If you have a custom production environment please consider to apply our staging setup to improve performance.
Or if you are using our docker setup:
inv docker.clean -e staging inv docker.setup -e staging